Contact your local health department if you have the following symptoms. The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure*:
▪ Shortness of breath
▪ Sore Throat
Additional Symptoms, Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19
Investigation into a vaccine for the current strain of coronavirus (COVID-19) is ongoing. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus through social distancing. In addition, the CDC also emphasizes everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of all diseases, these measures include:
▪ Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
▪ Avoidance of touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
▪ Stay home when you are sick.
▪ Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
▪ Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
▪ Face masks are required when visiting us and should be used anytime you are out in public.
▪ Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds, if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (60% alcohol minimum).